Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Summers 2010 at Druk white lotus shey, ladakh



The most amazing summers I had in my life. Always wanted to go to ladakh, so the summers of 2010 gave me an opportunity to fulfill my long awaited desire. But I never thought of interning in a school and live with a ladakhi family for a month. The school, the principal, teachers and most importantly students made the whole experience even more wonderful. The always smiling innocent faces ( turned red coz of sun burns) and the simple living of the people is the most attractive feature of ladakhi culture. You can just feel the purity and warmth in the air ( and the chill during the night :P ). Must visit place in one's life time.

As we all know about the cloudburst in the leh. The schools of ladakh also have faced the brunt of nature's fury. In case you want to help druk white lotus school in particular, please log on to www.dwls.org for further details.

1 comment:

  1. hey , nice blog , like it ,
    won’t be nice if i u can clickover to my blog page too ,
    & post some suggestion

    ReplyDelete